Nobius Black's
White Rabbit-*BLACK HOLE*

Killing the bunny everyday.
Live. In Stereo.


White Rabbit - *BLACK HOLE* --FALL IN!

Thoughts fall out before the head explodes!

Wednesday, May 23, 2007


Can Man

"The last time somebody said, 'I find I can write much better with a word processor.', I replied, 'They used to say the same thing about drugs.'" --Roy Blunt Jr.

Is it real Star Wars or is it Memorex?

Sold a couple of nice customers this week at work. I am enjoying the new job (other than cold calling but only the sick enjoy that...LOL) and I do like face to face sales very much. I'm still reserving my judgement on the company and my co-workers as I've learned over the years I trust way too easily.

Aikido is going well and besides my daughter, one of her friends has also started taking it. It's always good to have beginners. Mike (with my help I'm sure) will be formalizing our style and our promotion (belt) grading system. I have a few ideas on this that I'll share later, I'm a bit wore out from gardening two hours after working today, etc.

Got a lot of solid material for Calliope Nerve (at least two issues worth) and expect some more surprises for our (not just my) magazine. David Blaine was kind enough to review the zine at The Guild of Outside Writers. Michele blogged it too!

People love us. They really do. :)

I'm also looking at putting together a book of mature fairy tales under the Calliope banner. Something like this fine book (only different):



For years, I've seen a nearly homeless man (who appears to have Cerebral Palsy) walking around town and collecting aluminum cans in huge bags. Usually, we cash ours in but this week I caught the Can Man (as my kids fondly call him) in the alley behind my house and gave him every last can. His name is Rick. And I know it wasn't much but I hope that act of kindness helped make Rick's day a little brighter.

Ron thanks for the quote that opens this post. Hang in there man, your health problems have got to be a drag.

And for some reason, I'm in the mood for some John Denver. So, time to cue up You Tube before I hit the sack.

Did I really just say I was in the mood to listen to John Denver?

I'll be damned, I did. :) Something is definitely wrong with me. :)

-posted by Nobius 10:28 PM #
Comments: "
John Denver crashed with drugs in his system, so that's kind of metal. Just play Rocky Mountain High backwards until it sounds like the devil is commanding you to kill. Or you can play King Diamond forward for the same effect.

- Grant
 
" "
John Denver did NOT die crash with drugs in his system! Are YOU on drugs?? He flew in a homemade EAA airplane with a weird tank switching handle and he didn't know that he had no fuel in his spare tank! Read the FACTS!
 
" "
Grant...ha ha ha.

I have no idea who the second comment er is on this post. It was a joke for goodness sake. People need to laugh a little.
 
" "
If you can't make a joke about John Denver, what in the name of God can you do with him?

And you're welcome!
 
" Post a Comment