Nobius Black's
White Rabbit-*BLACK HOLE*

Killing the bunny everyday.
Live. In Stereo.


White Rabbit - *BLACK HOLE* --FALL IN!

Thoughts fall out before the head explodes!

Friday, April 06, 2007


Fate and A Really Nice Change

"Instructors can impart only a fraction of the teaching. It is through your own devoted practice that the mysteries of Aikido are brought to life." --Morihei Ueshiba

I no sooner published my earlier post and at my front door were my new Aikido business cards. They look nice. I'll get a scan up of one soon.

Fate is talking today. (Or God.)

Filed away my comics today for the first time in about six months. Not bad, it only took an hour.

I have an issue of Mouseguard, that because of it's odd shape I had to file in a plastic freezer bag and put with one of my boxes of trade paperbacks and graphic novels. I know some people love them, but I hate odd sized comics.

Been finding a lot of gems again on You Tube. This particular one is a nice short self defense video. I love the guy's speaking style though I don't agree with all of his techniques. I teach at least 25% of the ones he uses. He does telegraph his moves a bit and relies on brute strength more than Aikido demands but then again he isn't using Aikido based techniques. :) Eventually, these are the types of videos Mike and I will be doing.

Caught the first issue of Marvel's miniseries Fallen Son. Wolverine doesn't believe Cap's dead. And he'll kill to prove it. Great opening for the series, and I love the last page dialogue between Iron Man and Wolverine.

Kids are on spring break, since mid-week it's been cold with light snow. The trend will continue for the next ten days. So much for global warming this spring. Poor Jake also has the flu.

Cleaned the basement, to keep a small practice area for myself which the kids can play in also. Finally got the cash to get at least once nice thick falling/gymnastics type mat which I'll order after I buy the wife a new dryer and washer this weekend. (I know: how romantic.) I may even be able to scratch up enough to cash to get her that MP3 player she's been eyeing.

Once I have the mat, I can try and get a few private lessons going and work more with the kids on their martial skills.

Updated my Constant: A Reader's Blog. Check out some of the books I've read. If you buy any there or via here, I'll use the proceeds (which I haven't gotten any yet) to support Calliope and to put in my kid's education fund. :)

Received a couple of zines and a flyer swap in the mail today, so I'll be mailing out issues of Calliope Nerve in trade as well as some APA Centauri flyers. We really need a few new members. (Hint, hint.)

More poetry soon, got some real inspiration from the cover of Superman 659. Funny how that works.

Here's another great image from the cover of the first issue of the new series of Wonder Woman.

And yes it is true, I did once sell a mint copy of the issue of Animal Man that cameos series writer Grant Morrison as God.

Ron mentioned Helter Skelter over at his blog today. I told him, a couple friends of mine once let me sing that song for them with their band. Hey, it may of only been in a basement studio but I was damn good. Just ask me. :) Of course, my rendition is a bit more *metal* than the original.

Most of the seeds I started indoors have grown beyond my expectations. In these parts you can't plant outside until after the second week of May since it frosts so late. I'm thinking now, I should of waited to start them. Now if they only keep growing once I transplant them outside.

It'll be nice to get back to work next week. Been brainstorming and making notes for the new job again. The planner book is again filling up with to-do lists and appointments. A nice change from recently.

A really nice change.

-posted by Nobius 3:46 PM #
Comments: Post a Comment