Nobius Black's
White Rabbit-*BLACK HOLE*

Killing the bunny everyday.
Live. In Stereo.


White Rabbit - *BLACK HOLE* --FALL IN!

Thoughts fall out before the head explodes!

Monday, April 02, 2007


And Now For The Rest of the News

"Am I the last artist left? The last poet in Barber Town." --Nobius Black

Finally landed a new job today. I will be *the* only full time sales person for a small full load trucking firm in Medina.

The one and only downside besides a longer commute is I'll be making less money. However with the exceptions of weeks that I travel, I'll be working forty hour work weeks again. No nights, no weekends and I'll still be able to get the kids to school on weeks my wife works. (BTW, I located this job via MONSTER.)

My one and only job will be to *grow* the business and I already have a boat load of ideas for that especially since they already have some freight brokerage capability.

The atmosphere of the company is informal (which I like) and the president (he wore a T-shirt to my interview) told me the main reason he was hiring me was he could see that I not only had the right experience but I was creative. (Hint, hint: mentioning Calliope Nerve and Aikido on the resume definitely helped.) And we'll need to be creative to compete with all the big boys out there.

The company is so small they aren't even using dispatching or sales management software. We'll need to work on that. I need to be able to effectively manage my contacts, info on customers, quotation histories, secure ratios, lane histories, etc.

More on the job soon, I don't actually start until a week from Tuesday since my kids are on spring break through next Monday.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers regarding my job situation and now it's time for me to pay it forward. Not sure how yet but I'm going to help someone. Karma requires it. :)

Also ran out of my run of Calliope Nerve VIII so it's back to the copy store later this week to make some more.

Mike went and looked at a possible new dojo for us that is really close to here this past weekend. Crossing my fingers on that, evidently the place has been used as a dojo before.

Weather is supposed to turn cold again so I'm taking the kids to Rolling Ridge Ranch tomorrow so I better catch some shut eye.

Later gators.

-posted by Nobius 11:25 PM #
Comments: Post a Comment