Nobius Black's
White Rabbit-*BLACK HOLE*

Killing the bunny everyday.
Live. In Stereo.


White Rabbit - *BLACK HOLE* --FALL IN!

Thoughts fall out before the head explodes!

Saturday, March 31, 2007


Calliope Nerve VIII: Why Go?

"Ink runs from the corners of my mouth. There is no happiness like mine. I have been eating poetry!" --Mark Strand

DISCLAIMER: This issue of Calliope contains adult language.

Calliope Nerve Part VIII: Why Go?
featuring Michigan's own Shawn Misener is free of charge and available now.

the little god in the yellow hat

The Booming Voice From Above:

You can either be the dying crab on the beach,
or the jankety satellite that barely holds orbit.
Your choice!
You can either be the rotten discarded love kiwi,
Or the two way speaker at Rally's that never works.

You will forever be having to pull up to the window to order.
You will forever be having to correct the order.
You will forever be having to hear my dreadful voice.

You will forever be having to be, and that's a raw deal.
My voice has shook even the steeliest of balls.
My bounty has crumpled even the ironiest of knees.
You will forever be having to be my kinda bitch.

You can know death, though.
Would you like to know death?
You can know death then.

(recess)

Pleasant, no? A real no-brainer.
You will forever be having NOT that again.
I am in control, see?

You can either be the dried merlot in your toilet,
Or the hi tech plastic head to a nuclear projectile.


Get it?
You can be the last palm standing after the
next tsunami,
Or a broken support beam setting off to sea.

You will forever be having to make these great decisions.
Hooray for my questions!
Would you prefer fries with that,
Or the more sensible choice of a fruit cup?

--Shawn Misener

Other authors this issue include J.D. Nelson, Billy Jno Hope, Luis Cuauhtemoc Berriozabal, and me: I'm Nobius Black.

Calliope Nerve features poetry, short lit, reviews, commentary, quotations, and odd bits in a wide range of styles. All editions are free of charge. Back issues available.

To order this issue send your snail mail address to nobius at gmail dot com. Email for submission info. (We are always looking for talent.) Internet link trades, advertising, and flyer swaps available.

To support Calliope order your Amazon products via my web log: White Rabbit - *BLACK HOLE*.

Name your muse! Calliope Nerve.

-posted by Nobius 4:12 PM #
Comments: "
Hey, thanks for the incusion in your zine. I'm "Michigan's own". . . are you from the mitten?

Anyhow, the anthology I'll be in is Misti Rainwater-Lites' West Memphis 3 fundraiser. She still needs contributers. Look her up!

shawn
 
" "
Shawn, what's the mitten? I'll check out that Memphis publication. Let me know if you have any other ideas. I'd love some more work from you for Calliope Nerve as well.

You the man.

Thanks.

-N
 
" "
The Mitten = Michigan. I thought everybody knew that!
 
" "
LOL, I guess the lower peninsula does look like an oven mitten. :) See you learn something new everyday.
 
" Post a Comment