Nobius Black's
White Rabbit-*BLACK HOLE*

Killing the bunny everyday.
Live. In Stereo.


White Rabbit - *BLACK HOLE* --FALL IN!

Thoughts fall out before the head explodes!

Sunday, January 07, 2007


Man Bag and an Anniversary

"Poetry is to be found nowhere unless we carry it within us." --Joseph Joubert

"Of this I'm sure, I've got two sides. They wanna be left alone." --Manmade God


My schedule changed again this week. I am working Tuesday through Friday night again for the next several weeks. I like this schedule, it means I'm off Sunday and Monday plus I have Saturday night free.

The wife needed a break so she went out with Christie. I made dinner, watched a little kick boxing, balanced the check book, did some cleaning, put a dead washer on the curb, looked up info on a possible side job, and now as I'm writing this I'm having a Kahlua and Cream and IMing my cousin while listening to some tunes. <-See I can multitask, waiter get me another! LOL.

There's complete silence in the house other than my keyboard clicking and my music (on low of course). Doesn't get quiet around here often with four rug rats running 'round all the time!

Martial arts starts back up Monday, and tomorrow I'll spend time with the kids, work out, and continue writing/editing my next couple of zines for the ANNISH issue of the APA (including another Calliope Nerve zine.)

My wife bought this cool book Quotationary:



Neat stuff in it, arranged by topic. The Joubert quote above came from it. Even as a child, I loved quotes. When I was young, I read a book called Salted Peanuts (still available on Amazon) of little known facts. I always wanted to create something like it by combining the facts with quotes. Hmm... another idea for Calliope Nerve Media.

Speaking of books once read, when I was twelve I read a cool programming book about artificial intelligence using FORTRAN routines. I think I finally gave the book to Taylor Memorial for one of their Friends of the Library book sales. Never thought I'd want to read it again (it was published in the early seventies) but I do.

My wife mentioned that our daughter Marinda is a little troll, hoarding everything she can. Pens, scissors, books, paper, toe nail clippers, toys... Wonder where she gets that from as I look next to me and see my man bag filled with books, paper, pens... oh and a pair of toe nail clippers! :) I've often heard my brother Mark make the same comments about my niece Kylin. Those silly genetics.

Today is Kalisa's and my twelfth anniversary as a couple. Time flies. She's still my best friend and the best thing that ever happened to me. I love her.

Now, lets see if I can find that lottery ticket. I'm sure I've won the jackpot and never have to work for the man again. :)

-posted by Nobius 12:23 AM #
Comments: "
congrats on ya anniversary. tis a good vibes. i bought a lottery ticket too. did not win. is all good. gotta stay above the man:)
 
" "
Working for the man sucks. I don't daydream about being fabulously rich but I do fantacize about not working for the man and having enough money to be comfortable.

Thanks for the congrats. Tweleve years is a long time for someone our age.
 
" "
As long as the girl (or you) doesn't start saving the toenail clippings, you'll be sane. If you need some, though, I'll send 'em to you! Broke a big one off last month. Questionable topic for a blog, so I just suffered in silence.

ron southern
 
" "
I have poems older than you!

rcs.
 
" Post a Comment