Nobius Black's
White Rabbit-*BLACK HOLE*

Killing the bunny everyday.
Live. In Stereo.


White Rabbit - *BLACK HOLE* --FALL IN!

Thoughts fall out before the head explodes!

Sunday, January 07, 2007


Listen

Just listened to Wykked Wytch's cover of Sweet Dreams. Manson's was far better but still an interesting take none-the-less as the band combines female demonic vocals with a sandwich of death, thrash, and goth influence. Will be checking out more of their work but someone please tell them to change the name of the band. (Can it be anymore tired or cliche?)

Also listened to Tori Amos's Tales of a Librarian (which I recieved for Christmas) this afternoon. Pictured here:



Though the album is toted as the first ever definitive Tori collection (remixed/remastered), I am less than impressed. It's a strong starting point for new listeners but to long time fans like myself this is an uneeded collection. Many of her important works (i.e. songs/albums) were left out and no surprises are contained in the package. (By the way, I think every collection should throw in a rarity, etc. which is sadly missing here.) I did enjoy the audio clip on the DVD of Putting the Damage on which includes a striking photo montage to the lovely singer. Skip the collection and go straight to the wonderful fan site Here in My Head.

-posted by Nobius 3:32 PM #
Comments: "
tori amos is one of my fav singers. boys for pele is great.
 
" "
Tori is fantastic. Dark, haunting, beautiful.

I bought her first CD Crucify (well actually it was a tape and then when I wore it out I bouught the CD) a few days after the video of Crucify appeared on MTV back in about 91.

Like I said, it isn't that the Librarian isn't a good CD, it's just that it's not special. So, for those of us who own most or all of her work, there is really nothing there.
 
" "
i owned the crucify cd once. then i got little earthquakes. good music
 
" "
Ooopss...I messed up that last comment to you Billy. It should say, "The Librarian is a good DC, it's just that it's not special."

Little Earthquakes is great. Still listen to it frequently.
 
" Post a Comment