Nobius Black's
White Rabbit-*BLACK HOLE*

Killing the bunny everyday.
Live. In Stereo.


White Rabbit - *BLACK HOLE* --FALL IN!

Thoughts fall out before the head explodes!

Wednesday, August 30, 2006


Pursuit

"And just maybe, I'm to blame for all I've heard." --Nirvana

"Move like a beam of light: fly like lightning, strike like thunder, whirl in circles around a stable center." --Morihei Ueshiba, founder of Aikido


After practice Monday night I was standing in my martial arts gee filling up at the gas pump for an unbelievably low price of 2.49 a gallon when the lady next to me asked, "What style are you a black belt in?"

We had a nice little chat. Her husband used to take Aikido and her son did Gracie Jiu-Jitsu, etc but she seemed a bit distraught that though I teach I don't do tournaments, etc. No trophies in our martial arts school.

If you want to be my student you better be in class for more than awards. You better be there to learn to defend yourself. To train. And train. And then train some more.

I spend 90 percent of class time teaching techniques and doing defense drills including sparring. In most Aikido based classes, traditional sparring is shunned but not in mine. I believe that all techniques must be applied in a realistic atmosphere. I will push you because I push myself.

I'm saving up my money for mats and an upright punching bag. Ordered Keith Pascal's Coin Snatching martial arts book today. Working on designing business cards, etc. It's been hard to find new students but I am undaunted.

Pursuit is life. And I live.

-posted by Nobius 9:59 AM #
Comments: Post a Comment