Nobius Black's
White Rabbit-*BLACK HOLE*

Killing the bunny everyday.
Live. In Stereo.


White Rabbit - *BLACK HOLE* --FALL IN!

Thoughts fall out before the head explodes!

Thursday, July 13, 2006


Not Aikido at Aikido practice

The nicest thing about taking Aikido at an informal school is sometimes we try other things. Though Aikido and it's principles are our focus it's fun to learn new things. We're not locked in by tradition. Mixing it up also keeps the experience interesting. (When I teach, I teach more of an Aikido blend rather than straight grappling, etc.) On Monday, Michael taught basic self defense techniques most of which came from the lack luster e-book The 7 Most Effective Self Defense Techniques.

Here's a list of a few that we worked on:

I. Palm Heal Strikes

II. Elbow Strikes (Vertical Forward, Horizontal Forward, Side, Read, Down)

III. Throat Strikes (Knuckles, Snake)

IV. Eye Gouging (Spear Hand, Thumbs)

V. Groin Kick (Front Snap, Front Thrust)

VI. Knee Joint Kick (Side Thrust to front and to rear of knee, Front Thrust)

VII. Solar Plexus Strikes (Palm Heel, Fist, Elbow, Knee)

-posted by Nobius 11:53 PM #
Comments: "
When I was in the army back in the mid-70s, I went to Korea and studyed tae-kwon-do and hapkido.
 
" "
David,

It's been a while, how are things?

I have a brown belt in Tae Kwon Do, which is a fun art but more of a sport than a method of self defense. I'm not built for it either unfortunatley.

If you are familiar with Hapkido than you are more than familiar with Aikdio which is a sister art. Hapkido is more or less a combination of Karate and Aikido.

Not on my computer at home, I seem to have a mind blank as to what my password it. :)
 
" Post a Comment