Nobius Black's
White Rabbit-*BLACK HOLE*

Killing the bunny everyday.
Live. In Stereo.


White Rabbit - *BLACK HOLE* --FALL IN!

Thoughts fall out before the head explodes!

Tuesday, May 16, 2006


Love What You Do

"To love what you do and feel that it matters -- how could anything be more fun?" --Katharine Graham

"You are doing the work anyway, make sure you get all the rewards for your efforts." --Terry Gibbs


Keith Pascal never ceases to amaze me. I'd like to meet that cat. Notice he's marketed Coin Snatching to both martial artists and magicians. He's both. Doesn't get smarter than that. I'm thinking of writing an email to him. I'd love to learn about his training regimen and how he has made a full time living doing the things he loves.

Had a nice strong ninety minute workout this morning concentrating on calisthenics, light weight training, and basics. Need to get back into the groove of working out at least three time a week, preferably four.

My brother loaned me some writings of the Founder, which I'm about to go read:



Last night at practice we tried an experiment that I had been reading about. To distract my opponent I snapped my fingers before executing a defense/technique. What a miserable flop. The first time he didn't even hear it, the second time he knew it was coming and didn't look. The idea was to give you a split second advantage over your opponent. Ha ha ha...but I'm glad we did it, even though in real life I would of been pummeled. Better to find out in the dojo than on the street.

It's funny how many negative reactions I've gotten from people of late when I tell them I'm studying and trying to figure out a way to break into martial arts either on a full time or nearly full time basis. I've gotten reactions like: "Is there any money in it?" "Loving a hobby and a business are two different things." "You don't own anything why would you risk what you do have?" So on and so fourth. But these opinions don't upset me, they only make me work harder.

I may not be able to live my dream today but I will. Even if I can't break out on my own full time, if I don't give myself a clear goal then I have nothing to strive for.

There are a lot of other related things I could do. Just look at Keith Pascal's website again to see a few ideas. I've even thought about writing some books, I mean being a guy who lost and kept off eighty five pounds knows a thing or too about dieting for example...right? Also, some other thoughts of mine are that there is a lack of quality practical martial arts techniques with video available via the Internet.

It's time to clear out the negative air and breath in truth. Just like when I perform an Aikido technique.

-posted by Nobius 11:02 AM #
Comments: "
On a slightly related note, a friend of mine (security guard) taught me a neat trick to use when trying to subdue suspects (I was a retail store security guy). He said if we're struggling and I'm working to get the cuffs on, try giving them a hard pinch on the back of the neck. It usually breaks their concentration just long enough to make a move, plus they sound ridiculous when they make their usual claim of brutality during their trial by saying "He pinched me."
 
" "
don't let anyone deter you. martial arts is excellent for mind and body. like am getting deeper into buddhist thought and it feels real good. don't stop.
 
" "
I prescribe to know particular religion or philosophy however many of the budhist principles make a lot of sense. Thanks for the encouragement Billy. Let me know how you like Calliope's I and II.

Grant, I sent them to you too. I never thought of the pinch, hmmm...I'll have to try it.
 
" Post a Comment