Nobius Black's
White Rabbit-*BLACK HOLE*

Killing the bunny everyday.
Live. In Stereo.


White Rabbit - *BLACK HOLE* --FALL IN!

Thoughts fall out before the head explodes!

Wednesday, April 05, 2006


I am Spartacus (No, really)

"You want to know why I feel so horrified? I've let my innocence die. You want to know why I can't be pacified? You made me bury something. I won't be sleeping tonight." -- Disturbed

I am Spartacus! Well not really but it seemed as good of title as any for a post. Need to hurry up and get this post written before the BLOGGER outage and while the house is quiet. (With four kids that doesn't happen often.)

I've wanted to say something about the movie V for Vendetta but haven't quite had the words. It's a solid movie that I enjoyed and Natalie Portman is as talented and beautiful as ever in it. But I guess if I did take the time to write a review (which I'm not very good at) the point of it would be adaptations are not the original work. So, when watching V I had to excuse many of the shortcoming realizing that the American public (perhaps even the world) could not absorb the original power and conviction of the graphic novel.

One of the best pieces of advice I was given professionally was, "Not every email deserves a response." There's a whole story behind this that I'll get to later but I must say it applies to your personal life as well. Keeping yourself above the mire or not even letting it show that it bothers you is far better than drowning in the mud.

It's funny as I think about my life. I really don't like demanding people yet I'm utterly demanding of myself.

I had this day dream of last night (or night dream in my case since I work mostly nights) of starting a Media Group. A company that could do anything from publishing books to comics to websites, fiction and non fiction both. I don't know what to do with this idea (isn't that always the case) but when I think about the possibilities it makes my heart pound with excitement. Here's a nice article that is somewhat related to those thoughts from Stephanie Chandler: Become an Infopreneur.

I'm wondering if anyone out there:

1) Sells comics in any form and what platform(s) you use -- i.e. eBay, conventions/shows, own a shop, etc.

2) How do you track your collection-- i.e. with a program (what program), with a homemade database, by hand, etc.

Commeau talks about so many cool things like comic books about scientists. Why can't I write like him?

I hated Grant Morrison's All Star Superman #3. (The first two issues were exceptional.) Even Frank Quietly's ultra-hot rendition of Lois Lane, didn't seem so hot. I'm telling you man, they may be comics but it's still all about the story.

More to say, however I'm getting error messages from BLOGGER so I better go. I'll leave you with the book I'm currently reading which is so unique I don't know that I can put it into words. And of course, since I loved it you know they had to go and cancel the comic series. I'd love to write something along these lines except throw a little more fantasy and sci-fi into the mix.


-posted by Nobius 7:17 PM #
Comments: "
I hope that the operative part of "Infopreneur" is not Fop!

Okay, now get to work.
 
" "
i wish i could draw comics mangling them with wicked scripts. oh well is all wicked scripts i reckon.
 
" "
Is it just me, or does it look like they are drawing Lois Lane to look more like Kristen Kreuk, especially the eyes? (yes, I know she plays Lana on TV)
 
" "
Billy, I agree, I can't draw a thing.

Scott, as I've mentioned, I'm thinking of trying to do a little comic sellling for fun and profit. As well as be able to track my own personal collection of comics, etc that aren't going anywhere. :) I am hoping to meet up with someone who does making money selling books and comics and will let me pick their brain. LOL.

Grant, I don't watch much TV. I've only seen Smallville twice I believe. I am not familiar with the actress who plays Lois, I'll have to "google" her (and may oogle her a litte too..lol) I do think Quietly's interetation reminds me of Lana Lang from the show.
 
" Post a Comment