Nobius Black's
White Rabbit-*BLACK HOLE*

Killing the bunny everyday.
Live. In Stereo.


White Rabbit - *BLACK HOLE* --FALL IN!

Thoughts fall out before the head explodes!

Thursday, March 30, 2006


Life and Other Assorted Oddities

"When I told them I bought my comics at a liquor store every eye brow shot up. To them, a liquor store was a store that sold liquor." --Mark Evanier

"In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." --Theodore Roosevelt


Everyone knows I love books, and I love to talk about them and find out, etc. I enjoy looking through the Lists You Made on Amazon. Tonight, I found another good list Figure out What Kind of Business to Start by Stephanie Chandler. On all of her lists she links to her website Business Info Guide which looks very promising. Has lots of neat info and links as well as other businesses she's into (damn, I'm impressed). Stephanie "kissed off her eleven year Silicon valley career" to open Book Lover's Cafe. Now, that's cool.

Speaking of business ideas, beside out of his house, my brother has been teaching martial arts at a Little Gym franchise. He can't afford to buy one of his own but as I was telling him, I know of a couple that runs a few Tae Kwon Do schools/tanning salons. What a great combo and the benefits of both together are easy to see. Anything is possible.

On my own work front, I believe beginning next week we will switch to four twelve hour days which will be much nicer. If all falls in place, my first rotation will be perfect Tuesday through Friday 10 p.m. to 10 a.m. I'll actually have Saturday night off and all day Sunday plus Monday too. My favorite days off are Sunday and Monday. I'm thinking about all the ways I can enjoy and use the free time from taking the kids on hikes (now that Spring is here) to additional martial arts training to going back to college.

I really enjoy my job but thus far my new bosses have been ambivalent about the idea of us having a personal life. I do like working nights (which I mostly do) and am an night person but every weekend gets old quick. There's nothing worse than having both our days off during the week with kids in school and then they come home with four hours homework, etc which happens constantly.

Bubbles my kitten, not to be confused with Buttercup my other kitten (can you guess who named them?) is sitting next to my keyboard purring. I unfortunately had to get rid of their mom Chewbacca because as sweet as she was she had a digestive problem and had too many accidents. And why did I name her Chewie well quite frankly I always wanted to say to someone in my best Han Solo voice, "Laugh it up fuzzball."

I'm looking to get my ever expanding comic collection into a database to help track it, etc. Nostomania was one online program I tried that lets you both track and sell but I found the interface to be poor. I'll have to experiment with it more though because I love the idea of being able both track and sell comics from the same program. Does anyone out there sell comics or books?

I did go ahead and order this year's addition of Overstreet.



I now have enough material to put together my first couple of editions of Calliope Nerve. Should be a lot of fun and I had a few published authors submit poetry. I've got a number of different styles represented. If Calliope works out, I'll look to set up a small website for it, etc. I'm debating if I should mention in the zine something like "Support small press buy your Amazon via http://nobius.blogspot.com/. I want to keep the zine free (or for trade for letters of comments, stamps, and other zines) but it does cost me money to do. Also plan to send out flyers or something of the like for APA Centauri with it.

Went to Aikido practice at Mike's last night. Just him and I. Had a fun and productive class. I love to practice. He is a good and knowlegable Sensei and of course he's my brother. :)

Not quite sure what this blog is but I've enjoyed it so far: The Bile. I believe it's low down ranting on surrealism, poetry, and the like. But then again I could be wrong.

Gmail needs a block sender option.

Time to go to work again, hope all is well out there.....

-posted by Nobius 9:10 PM #
Comments: "
Boy, that's a long one!
 
" "
LOL, we'll I'm glad you read it. Felt good to write it. Not sure if it's interesting to anyone else but me, but it's nice to just sit down and put words to your thoughts.
 
" Post a Comment