Nobius Black's
White Rabbit-*BLACK HOLE*

Killing the bunny everyday.
Live. In Stereo.


White Rabbit - *BLACK HOLE* --FALL IN!

Thoughts fall out before the head explodes!

Sunday, February 05, 2006


Read: Building Wealth and Star Wars: Splinter of the Mind's Eye





You know I'm going to ask it: What are you reading?

-posted by Nobius 2:11 PM #
Comments: "
I'm reading "Hey Nostradamus" by an author I don't remember. It's not my usual faire (more literary than commercial) but it's written well enough to keep my attention, and it begins with a school shooting so it can't be all bad. Yes! Dead schoolchildren. They're Canadian instead of Asian, but you can't have everything.
 
" "
The name of the book sounds familiar, what's it about?
 
" "
It's written in four sections, each from the POV of a different character. It deals with people's views on religion in the face of tragedy. Xtians would probably get angry (don't they always) because some of the characters are rather extreme, but it's more of a tale of a few people than an attack on religion. BTW, the writer (who I still don't remember) is credited with creating the term "Generation X" which I always thought was a useless bullshit label, but his book is still pretty good.
 
" "
I read SPLINTER OF THE MIND'S EYE over twenty years ago.

Is it as good today as it was back then?

M.E.
 
" "
I remember you had a copy of it Mike, and I know I read part of it, but I can't remember if I finished it. I'm enjoying it so far I'll let you know if it's any good in case you want to borrow it.
 
" "
Generation X...

I hate that term too Grant.
 
" "
I'm actually reading fiction, Lunar Park by Bret Easton Ellis. Now if I only had time to read. I read Hey Nostradamus! by Douglas Coupland. The story is sort of based on a Columbine-type event from different POVs. I liked it quite a bit.

Steve
 
" "
I'll have to check out the Nostradamus book.

LOL...ya, it doesn't seem that you read a lot of fiction. But it does sound like you read a lot of intersting books.
 
" Post a Comment