Nobius Black's
White Rabbit-*BLACK HOLE*

Killing the bunny everyday.
Live. In Stereo.


White Rabbit - *BLACK HOLE* --FALL IN!

Thoughts fall out before the head explodes!

Sunday, February 05, 2006


I've Got It. Always Had It.

I've got it. Always had it. Every time I fall, you catch me... Every time I lose myself, you find me. My God." --SoIL

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength,
not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." -- Vince Lombardi

"The future doesn't just happen -- it's shaped by decisions." --Paul Tagliabue


Life is a funny thing. So, up and down. Success and failure. Cycles and such. I'm here. And well. Simply tired and pressed for time but when I start dreaming about writing, I know it's time to get some posts out.

I was awarded my black belt last week in Aikido. As my brother would say, "It is a lonely journey." And now that I've made it this far, I suspect it will be even more so. A black belt simply means you've mastered the basics. I surely have no plans of stopping my training now.

Since most of you reading this have never met me, I'll cue you in on a personal secret. I'm one of the most uncoordinated people ever to set foot on this planet. Genetics suck. But I never let a little thing like that stop me. Someone will always be better than you at everything you do. The key to all good things is perseverance and "personal best."

I'll be repeating myself to readers of my zine White Rabbit Fall! so I won't go to far into this topic but let me mention that it's this same stick-to-it-ness that has gotten me my new job as well.

The only thing that will ever hold you back... is yourself.

And now that I know I got "it", I will continue to improve my life.

I archived a bunch of my work over at my live journal. If you check it out and like any of it, please let me know. I'd also love to hear any ideas for improvements that you have. I need an editor man. :)

I'll be glad to send anyone interested complimentary copies of any of my zines and I'm beginning to work on my next collaborative one. Microzines are fun. Submissions always welcome, I'm looking for mostly poetry but will accept well written short fiction, quotes, and reviews of books, film, television, and music. I don't care if it's been published before either. I only care that it's good.

We're rotating shifts at work again so I have a longer weekend than normal but I've got to go. My son wants to play and that is the most important thing I have to do today.

"In my heart, you'll always stay forever young." --Rod Stewart

-posted by Nobius 2:16 PM #
Comments: "
Nobius,

The best students are those that must work the hardest.

If it was easy - your black belt would NOT be an accomplishment.

Now you MUST transcend your physical body. For Aikido is a spiritual art and as you know - not all rewards are won in this life.

M.E.
 
" "
I am interested in the spirtual aspect of Aikido. You must teach me more O'Sensei. In fact, I even had a dream about it.
 
" Post a Comment