Nobius Black's
White Rabbit-*BLACK HOLE*

Killing the bunny everyday.
Live. In Stereo.


White Rabbit - *BLACK HOLE* --FALL IN!

Thoughts fall out before the head explodes!

Thursday, December 01, 2005


Read: Number Ones

"...They need to be inspired. And let's face is Superman--the last time you really inspired anyone--was when you were dead." --Batman/Infinite Crisis #1

"Before everything else, getting ready is the secret of success." --Henry Ford


When I was young few joys compared to riding my bike down to the Rexall and buying a couple of comic books with my five dollar allowance. Only thing that's changed today, is I go to a comic shop to get my fix.

There's something about comics above all other books that sweeps me away from whatever else is going on in my life. It's a love affair of escapism, I love everything about comic books. The look, the feel, the smell, the art, and especially the stories.

Purchased a few titles yesterday.

The Losers #30 was shock and awe ride of true mercenary fiction. Movies need this kind of smart action. Another traitor lies among the Losers and someone dies as the cancelled comic closes in for the final wrap up.

These days I don't usually buy superhero comics so the past couple of weeks have been out of the ordinary. I love first issues and you can't go wrong with Captain Atom: Armageddon which answers the question of what happens when a DC hero crosses over into the Wildstorm universe. The answer might surprise you.

They say the wait is over but I found Infinite Crisis #1 to be a bit of a let down other than the nice piece of dialogue at the top of this post. Friendships, teams, and lives and destined to be destroyed in the biggest epic to hit the DCU in twenty years but for me the question is will it make for better stories? I certainly hope so.

DMZ #1 is about an American civil war. But not really. It's about civilian life under fire...something I don't know if we Americans even think about as our soldiers fight in foreign lands. Perhaps the resonation in this story comes when the troops "secure" the crash site to extract Matty the hero. Nothing is as terrible as a war.

And while I'm thinking about it, has anyone out there either worked in a comic shop or sold comics/owned a comic shop for a living? If so, I'd lke to chat with you.

-posted by Nobius 8:25 AM #
Comments: Post a Comment