Nobius Black's
White Rabbit-*BLACK HOLE*

Killing the bunny everyday.
Live. In Stereo.


White Rabbit - *BLACK HOLE* --FALL IN!

Thoughts fall out before the head explodes!

Thursday, November 10, 2005


Where Have I Been?

""The only thing that separates successful people from the ones who aren't is the willingness to work very very hard." --Helen Gurley Brown

"Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves." --Carl Jung

"My philosophy is that not only are you responsible for your life, but doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment." --Oprah Winfrey


Where have I been? Now that is a question I could take all night answering. I'm still here but with my new job things are a bit hectic. My days off changed so I'm working the lovely Friday through Tuesday 1800 to 0400 shift. Ahh...seniority has all the benefits. Don't you agree?

But I can't complain, I like the new job and am learning a lot. Running a transportation network is a very big and detail oriented job especially when you are dealing with a Teamster driven company. I don't want to spoil it but I may even have a chance for a second promotion soon so it's nice to see all this hard work paying off. A fifty plus hour work week is no joke.

My depression is slowly lifting again. It's good to feel human again. Gotta love genetics.

Just finished, Vertigo: First Offenses a 168 page, $4.95 piece of reading nirvana. It's a compilation of five first issue reprints from Vertigo's The Invisibles, Sandman: Mystery Theatre, Fables, Preacher, and The Sandman Presents: Lucifer.



I enjoyed the Lucifer comic the most, and though it seems corny a book with "Satan" (too bad you can't hear my church lady voice) as the series protagonist has always inimitated me. It's hard to shake your religion.

This blog has always been intended to be a showcase of my life from poetry, to diary entries (like this one), to journaling, to link catching but I want it to be something interesting to read. No content from me does not make for an interesting read. Should you have the inclination I do keep a blog soley dedicated to my links: Link Kick. Consider it my link stream. Some of which, make it here to my permament archive. And also as mentioned before, I have a new BLOG archiving the books I've read: Constant: A Reader's BLOG. It's meant as a conversation piece, I always love to know what others are reading/have read, so this is my chance to show you (literally). It'll take years to archive all of the things I've read. Which is a good thing.

There's a cool new customizable search engine out. Rollyo, roll your own search engine. When I finish mine, I'll let you know. The String Theory search engine rules. Theoretical physics is fun.

Scott does a great job explaining DC Comics's Infinite Crisis. If you think that's good, then join our APA. We need and want new creative types.

Was off today and am tomorrow. Kalisa and I are going out with my mom for our wedding anniversary tomorrow. Today, I mostly took it easy. Read, caught up on sleep, cleaned house, bought the family Dairy Queen, bathed the kids, watched an episode of The Batman and one of Serenity. When you work until four a.m. on Wed there is no full day off. Basically, I work six days a week on this schedule. No pain, no gain.

More later. Tonight is one of those rare ansomnia moments and I've got books to read.

-posted by Nobius 1:46 AM #
Comments: Post a Comment