Nobius Black's
White Rabbit-*BLACK HOLE*

Killing the bunny everyday.
Live. In Stereo.


White Rabbit - *BLACK HOLE* --FALL IN!

Thoughts fall out before the head explodes!

Thursday, September 29, 2005


Mad World




"Now it doesn't matter whose sky we're under, or whose light is dying." --Bill Paul

"You don't need to bother. I don't need to be." --Stone Sour

"Their tears are filling up their glasses. No expression. No expression. Hide my head, I want to drown my sorrow.... The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had." --Gary Jules/Michael Andrews


Last night I downloaded an MP3 of Tori Amos covering the Gary Jules/Michael Andrews version of Mad World. It's as beautiful and stark as her cover of Smells Like Teen Spirit. As haunting as a ghost--the voice of an angel.

And light.

I toil on in this life. We all do. Searching for meaning where maybe there is none. Questing for an idea, I'm in a state of withdrawl from creating. Writer's block.

"She said, I'll throw myself away... I can't make you hang around. I can't wash you off my skin... I want something good to die for to make it beautiful to live." --Queens of the Stone Age

The melancholy state is my state. It's not what I want to be. It's not what I want my kids to remember.

After I am gone.

My brother once said to me, "What has your guilt ever done for you?" But how does one feel unguilty? Or unsee, what has been seen?

I'm scared at the sound of it.

There's a collective sigh in our mad world today. This nation called America. But what other choice is there than to walk on? Even if I've got no place to go.

I'm not ready to die.

Yet.

-posted by Nobius 8:56 PM #
Comments: "
Gary Jules' version is great (I'm assuming it's the one on Donnie Darko) - much better than the Tears for Fears release. I'll have to check out the Tori Amos version. On a slightly related note, have you heard "Return to Oz" by the Scissor Sisters?

As for the guilt, try to train yourself to take pleasure in doing wrong. As the Midnight Bomber What Bombs at Midnight says "Bad is good, baby! Down with government!"

Cool pic, btw.
 
" "
That pic fit my mood at the time. I feel a little better now, the wife took me to see Serenity. I'll have to check out that song, I've never heard of it. I didn't know that was a Tears For Fears song....

I'm not kidding when I say for the most part I am a metal head. :)
 
" "
Actually, it was Michael Andrews that sang the Donnie Darko version I like best.
 
" "
I may have it backwards...the song is on a Gary Jules album but it says it's by Michael Andrews and Gary Jules.
 
" "
Thanks for the info Premeau.
 
" "
Nobius...

And who created your guilt?

Was it religion?

Remember - the one on the pulpit such as your sister-in-law. She preaches of fire-and-brimstone and then she is on her knees, behind closed doors, with a man that in NOT her husband.

The only person who should judge you is you. And guilt is like a bag of bricks. It holds you back and gives you nothing in return.

M.E.
The Enlightened One
;-)
 
" Post a Comment