Nobius Black's
White Rabbit-*BLACK HOLE*

Killing the bunny everyday.
Live. In Stereo.


White Rabbit - *BLACK HOLE* --FALL IN!

Thoughts fall out before the head explodes!

Friday, September 02, 2005


Engine/Cog

"Reality in the mind, feeling in the soul. Digital is the spirit." --Nobius Black

Warren Ellis: Engine.

Ellis is creating a community to talk about his (other's) original/creator owned work. The Engine is primarily about comics (which means comics, graphic novels, manga, webcomics, and anything else that looks like a comic), which means it's unlikely to be of great interest to many of you. It's also about my work in comics, focusing on the non-superhero, non-corporate, independent and commercial-fringe things I do. Which might be of slightly more interest, I don't know. There will be a lot of talk about comics by comics creators from that whole indie/creator-owned/non-big-flying-underpants side of things. I'm tempted to include a section for people who make music, just for the hell of it and to ensure I have lots of new stuff to listen to.

A community dedicated to keeping under-the-wire creativity alive.

I've recently begun outlining an idea of my own for a zine (possible website as well) called Cog. The focus would be poetry and comics but could really contain anything that either moves or excites me. Work of my own and others. Something different, something real. Truth without media.

The New Orleans situation grows worse and yet still I hear ignorant rants from coworkers and friends alike about how people should of evacuated before the storm. Where do you go, when you have no money? Or a car? Or a decent living?

Call me arrogant, but for some reason it doesn't seem flipping burgers at Mc Donald's will support a family.

Or provide a way out.

The light shines. The real story is shown to the world.

America hates it's poor.

-posted by Nobius 3:59 PM #
Comments: "
You're right about America, though we'll never admit it as a group.
 
" "
My heart goes out to everyone in the area. I think things would of been much different is New Orleans was Beverly Hills.
 
" Post a Comment