Nobius Black's
White Rabbit-*BLACK HOLE*

Killing the bunny everyday.
Live. In Stereo.


White Rabbit - *BLACK HOLE* --FALL IN!

Thoughts fall out before the head explodes!

Sunday, July 17, 2005


More Thought

My mind is on over drive, time to make good use of it:



I just finished reading Decision In Philadelphia: The Constitutional Convention of 1787. I've been reading this book a few pages at a time over the past several months. It's an authoritative yet readable work on how and why our Constitution came to be. The soap opera behind it all, the battle between slave and free states, big and small states, are all presented here. Even the mistakes of the document are noted including a lack of an initial bill of rights, the question of judicial review, and the 3/5 of a man problem.

I also finished the World's Best-Loved Poetry book. It was a good and simple balance of fine poetry. You don't need to be a literature student to enjoy good poets.

What if Warren Ellis had his own book club like Oprah? I wonder what he'd recommend? And I'm not talking the obvious ones, I mean the rare ones. The stuff you've never heard of.

I remember Neil Gaiman, years ago in a Sandman letter column, mentioned that he loved to read obscure reference books. Yet he never mentioned any of the titles there, or anywhere else that I've found.

The new All-Star Batman and Robin looks promising. Of course with Frank Miller on writing, and Jim Lee on art how can you go wrong? Rumor has it the book will have Miller's edgy writing style. Waiting to see the panel in which Batman hoists Robin by the collar and tells him, "You've just been drafted. Into a War."

-posted by Nobius 1:49 AM #
Comments: "
I haven't read Decision in Philadelphia, but it sounds like good stuff. I've read a lot of bios about the founding fathers in the past year or two, so I may know some of that material from other sources.
 
" "
The copy I have was published in 1986, and I got it in the fifty cent stack at my work's annual book sale for charity.

Great book.

It even includes a copy of the Articles of Confederation and the Constitution.
 
" Post a Comment