Nobius Black's
White Rabbit-*BLACK HOLE*

Killing the bunny everyday.
Live. In Stereo.


White Rabbit - *BLACK HOLE* --FALL IN!

Thoughts fall out before the head explodes!

Wednesday, July 27, 2005


Life After Franking

"And this bequest of wings was but a book." --Emily Dickinson

"For ye are living poems, and all the rest are dead." --Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

"They're going to send you back to mother in a cardboard box. You better run." --Pink Floyd


The title to this post is dedicated to Scott Marshall who made a phenomenal return to this month's APA Centauri. Scott included a DVD: Script Happens and I'm dyeing to know what's on it.

APA Centauri #151 is a nice solid issue with strong contributions from several members including my Blue Rabbit Chronicles #9 at a healthy eight pages.

Training for the new job continues. I have a lot to learn and a short amount to time to do it. But I'm still psyched at the opportunity I've been given. Now instead of merely selling the service our company offers, I will be responsible for it. Daunting task to say the least.

Everything from learning new skills to new lingo, it's making my head hurt. Management has made our direction clear: improve service and reduce line haul cost. Our new office will be walled in by glass, and be a model that customers will be taken to when they visit. Ties and dress shirts are a requirement come next week when regular rotation begins.

Our company is doing everything it can to drive down all costs and part of my mandatory training is to read these books:





I've heard that they're good, I'll let you know. The rumour is after your read the book you'll be trying to take "waste" out of everything. But for now, I'm reading nonwork related material since I have so much to remember as it is. Don't want to overdue it, I go back to working fifty hours a week next week.

My shift will be Tuesday through Saturday 1800-0400 hrs and we will eventually rotate every four weeks (bimonthly to begin). My other shift will be 0600-1600 hours. So I not only got the money and opportunity I wanted and needed, I get a livable shift. Can't beat that. Downside is I have to take all my remaining vacation and right now I'm at the bottom of the seniority rung. Next January, I will have to schedule all my vacation for the year. The department is open 24/7/365, but this is the price I pay to better myself and my family.

Bought my wife a nice card and gave her a Border's gift card when I got home. She's always believed in me and my dreams. It's one of the reasons I love her. Of course, the fact that she's incredibly hot doesn't hurt. :) She's always encouraged me to try new things, and in the case of this last job was willing to return to work full time if it meant me getting out of my old toxic situation.

Now that I've read the current APA, can write my next zine. Would like to knock it out since I'll have a three day weekend. Other things on my to do list include setting up my bank account for electronic bill pay, update my electronic contact list (I'm learning to nework man!), finish trimming the hedges, martial arts practice, watching Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me that I recorded with TIVO, working on an outline for my Where the Droids Die storyline, and reading. Not to mention, I'd like to spend a lot of quality time with the kids, LEGOS, hiking, and swimming all come to mind.

Mom is bringing over my favorite cake tomorrow (Chocolate w/Peanut Butter Icing)because Friday is my 33rd birthday.

Also need to run to the bookstore myself, I need a good Microsoft Office book. One that includes a lot of info on Publisher because I'd like to improve how my zines look. Also, since I want to publish my poetry collection One Night Pig, I have to make it look like something a little nicer than photocopied zine.

Will anyone suggest any of my poems they'd like to see in the collection? I will be giving away free copies of it to members of the APA and regular readers of my BLOG.

I'd love to have an artist illustrate part or all of the collection, if you or someone you know is interested shoot me an email.

When you make an HTML error why doesn't BLOGGER highlight what that error is? Just spent five minutes trying to find a small typo. I missed a slash on an intallics tag.

Speaking of my APA friends, Don has published some of his drawing online: Coffee Shop and my personal favorite The Big T. Encourage Don to keep it up. Astor may publish a book of this stuff!

Time for me to go, I've got journeys, and books, and dreams to attend to. Miles to keep. It's as plain as black and white.

-posted by Nobius 9:50 PM #
Comments: "
Was that long or what! Don't start juggling with sharp knives now.
 
" "
I was thinking more along the line of juggling chainsaws.
 
" "
Scott, hello! Glad to see you're back in the APA, we've missed you.
 
" Post a Comment