Nobius Black's
White Rabbit-*BLACK HOLE*

Killing the bunny everyday.
Live. In Stereo.


White Rabbit - *BLACK HOLE* --FALL IN!

Thoughts fall out before the head explodes!

Wednesday, July 06, 2005


Flash Fiction: My Bloody Ones

"These stand for me. Name your God and bleed the freak. I'd like to say how you always bleed for me." -- Alice in Chains

The new religion spread like a wild fire over dry timber. Dark was the new way. Evil was the night sky.

"Come to me. Come to me." --the simple hymn of entire throngs singing the chorus of Night Baptism. Keeping necks exposed, waiting for the bite.

His every speech nearly the same, every word almost identical. Janthos (the Wise) was becoming the new Jesus, only with more sinister intent. "My lovely Bloody Ones, my unsatisfied children. Taste the breeze that nullifies. Lose the man! Lose the man! Let us drink! Come to me. Come to me and live!!"

It's the same refrain used by priests and Pharisees for eons. Every man wants to live forever, fearing the death that is so much a part of what it means to be alive. We fear our own mortality! Sheep will do anything for a promise, even run to slaughter.

When the crowd thrashes with exuberance, lying of hands, speaking in tongues, the Acolytes make their move. Fervent dog and pony shows distract. Swooping down to feed on the ever willing. It’s an undead kiss.

I've always wondered what it feels like to be liberated but some things are not worth any price. Being undead isn't living forever, it's losing your soul. I may not be much but at least I'm a man. It's all I've got.

-posted by Nobius 10:35 PM #
Comments: Post a Comment