Nobius Black's
White Rabbit-*BLACK HOLE*

Killing the bunny everyday.
Live. In Stereo.


White Rabbit - *BLACK HOLE* --FALL IN!

Thoughts fall out before the head explodes!

Wednesday, July 20, 2005


A Fist Full of Karma

Yesterday the job search ended as I received an unexpected promotion at Big Corporate Giant to a new department and position. I had my offer by the end of the interview. I'll be part of a team revamping how we move freight through our network. It'll be hard work but fun. And the raise will be quite nice.

Working fifty hours again with odd hours I'm not looking forward to, but my new Regional Service Analyst post is a fast track position to the level above it which would be phenomenal money.

And in Karmanic news, my old department will be left extremely short handed as I and another person leave to our new jobs. I start this Monday. I don't have to work out a two weeks notice. On Monday, one of the other people who does my current job is on vacation. And so on. I shouldn't gloat but I have to admit that I am deriving satisfaction on how this is all coming together. It's a fist full of Karma.

God did open that door I've been asking for.

He always does.

-posted by Nobius 9:33 PM #
Comments: "
I might believe Good Karma is at work because you're a pretty good fella, but this talk about God might be going over some theological cliff. In any case, congratulations, Matt; I'm glad you have some decidedly good news to work with. Hope the schedule doesn't get you messed up. Time for blogging may suffer, but maybe it'll give you new ideas, too!
 
" "
I still plan to pusure my writing, etc on the side. At first it will intervene but eventually I'll get with the program and be good.

Thanks for the good word.

And you're right with time away from writing when I do have time to create it should be awesome!
 
" "
Congratulations. Gotta love those long hours. I'm putting them in occassionally at my current position (business analyst) so I sympathize.
 
" "
God didn't do this one. I sacrificed a turkey (on a wheat roll with provolone and mayo) in the name of Beelzebubba last night, so I'm pretty sure that's what did it. But enjoy the promotion anyway. :p
Seriouly, cool stuff. A similar event ended my job search late last year. Now I have a little more money and much more time for TV, writing, and animal sacrifices.
 
" "
Thanks guys. I appreciate it.

Grant, you're right, it must of been the ritual sacrifice.
 
" Post a Comment