Nobius Black's
White Rabbit-*BLACK HOLE*

Killing the bunny everyday.
Live. In Stereo.


White Rabbit - *BLACK HOLE* --FALL IN!

Thoughts fall out before the head explodes!

Friday, April 08, 2005


Read: Writing for Comics



Went to the comics shop yesterday and my copy of Alan Moore's Writing for Comics finally came in. I'll let you know how it was after I finish reading it. The main essay of the book was originally written in 1985 for an obscure British fanzine about the same time Moore was reshaping modern comics.

Also got Teen Titans Go #16, Countdown to Infinite Crisis, Ocean #5, Y the Last Man #32, The Losers #22, and Hypothetical Lizard #2.

Got a chance to read a few of them last night and though I'm not in the mood to do reviews tonight, if you read Ocean, Hypothetical, Losers, and Y you'll be making like a hitch hiker with the Roger Ebert patented thumbs up.

Read the Ministry of Space trade paperback last weekend. It's breath taking in it's scope and grandeur. Warren Ellis is the master and he's at his best when doing science fiction. This review sums it up.

If that weren't enough, I also got a copy of The Courtship of Princess Leia book. I'm finally over the first two God-awful prequel movies and holding out that something much better will come out of Episode III.

Tell me, what are you reading?

-posted by Nobius 8:06 PM #
Comments: "
MOODY MANIAC! No, not what I'm reading, but you. Is that a mood ring category?
 
" "
What am I reading?

We are going to Border's tonight. I'll let you know.

But I'm hoping if I buy my wife a book - she will give me sex.

Our relationship has evolved into that.

;-)
M.E.
 
" "
Just call him Book Pimp.
 
" "
I just finished Survivor by Chuck Palahnuik. Was awesome. I'll be starting Invisible Monsters by him soon.
 
" "
Chuck has another short story in Playboy this month. When I can get past looking at the real life desperate houswives...which isn't easy being that they are all extremely hot, especially the one in the bathtub...I'll read it and let you know. I need to get a couple of his books still.

Nobi out.
 
" Post a Comment