Nobius Black's
White Rabbit-*BLACK HOLE*

Killing the bunny everyday.
Live. In Stereo.


White Rabbit - *BLACK HOLE* --FALL IN!

Thoughts fall out before the head explodes!

Friday, April 01, 2005


Read: Catwoman

"Staying alive is falling apart." -- Nobius Black

Read Catwoman #17 and #18 last night. I must say they were two of the best comics I've ever read.

Ed Brubaker's writing is top notch and the story takes us through the quickly falling apart lives of Selina, Slam Bradley, and Holly. Each has there own set of real problems and none of them are coping well especially Holly who feels immense guilt for the murder she committed in issue #16 eventhough she saved Selina's life.

Each issue is divided into "chapters" that are poetically sad with names like There Should Be A Word, Ocean in Her Mind, and Real Life Crashes.

The artwork is gorgeous, I really like Pulido's style that is evocative of comic art from the fifties.

These books have put my faith back in the superhero genre. This is true espcapism that makes you care. And the line that sums up the two issues is one Spoken by Selina, the Catwoman herself, "There should be a word for that feeling--when the dream is better than your real life. That moment of realization. They should have a word for that."

That thought is fodder for my own stuff. And for that there is word: inspiration.

-posted by Nobius 7:18 AM #
Comments: "
I had never really gotten into comic books but I always loved the animation and did really enjoy the messed up ones lol.

I'm going to see Sin City tonight. I had never even heard of the movie let alone the comic until 2 days ago. But I saw a preview and it looks really cool. I'll let ya know how it is.
 
" "
Sounds like you liked it.

So did I.

Jessica Alba smokes.
 
" "
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
" Post a Comment