Nobius Black's
White Rabbit-*BLACK HOLE*

Killing the bunny everyday.
Live. In Stereo.


White Rabbit - *BLACK HOLE* --FALL IN!

Thoughts fall out before the head explodes!

Friday, February 18, 2005


The Year of Nobius

From my Blue Rabbit Chronicles zine:

2004: The year I returned to Aikido. In one year, I have relearned the basics and nearly learned all of the qualifications for my next rank. I will have my Red belt soon.

2004: The year I lost 80 pounds and learned never to put off to tomorrow what can be done today. In my house, I have no DOJO or work out room, I did most of my training in my living room with kids running around. But I had to use, what I have. Some day, I will own a place with enough room for a private training area but until then I’ll make do. The point is, if it’s time to train, then it’s time. No matter what. In the past, it was always…after work…after this…after that… In 2004, it was NOW. Do it NOW! And I did.

2004: The first time I realized that I am a poet. And a good one. More importantly, 2004 was the first full year that I wrote original pieces consistently (about 2-3 a week).

2004: The year I realized that Daddy didn’t lie when he said, “You can be anything you want to be.” I want to be a writer and a martial artist, a father and a husband.

2004: When I joined the APA Centauri, and came to understand that there is a whole world out there that I want to experience. From Zines to Audio Philes to Playwrights, though we are few in number many are our talents and interests.

2004: The time of my life.

2004: The first full year of my web log, and the beginning of my Live Journal. Before, I could never understand why one would want more than one “blog” now I am thinking about my third and fourth.

2004: Remembering the things of my youth, I sought out and found people to play Dungeons and Dragons with. God, I love that game and damn I missed it.

2004: This is when I discovered Internet radio, the second greatest invention of all! But you have to guess what the first is.

2004: The year I went from knowing about freight and selling freight to being a broker. Professionally, I have grown more this year than any and my next step is to become a master Freight Forwarder.

2004: This week is the 10th anniversary of my wife and mine’s first date. I was never a romantic but love at first sight does happen. Sometimes, you just know. It’s what happened when I first saw Kalisa. And every time I look at her, I fall in love again.

2004: The year I came to learn the real Jesus is the one that loved the neighbor, told prostitutes about the love of His father, gave his kingdom to children, healed the sick, helped the poor, rebuked the religious, and willed His riches to the meek. The man that died on the cross is the one that loved all man, not just some. It’s not about religion, it’s about love. And God loves us all unconditionally. The trick will be to learn to love that way myself.

2004: If I learned one lesson this year it was this: Everything in life is a choice. Everything.

2004: Second lesson learned, you can’t take care of anyone if you don’t take care of yourself. This is not the same as being selfish. The helping hand from God is the one on the end of your arm!

2004: The first time I truly realized how successful I am. Though never financially successful, I have done well in most other areas of my life. From a gorgeous wife, to beautiful kids, to a good job, I can’t ask for much more. Even my health is good. Happiness is truly a state of mind.

2004: There is a time in your life when you learn who you are. This is that time.

2004: Thank you God for another year. We can never know how much time our life will hold but I promise I will use mine wisely. This is the year I began to finally grow up and this is the year of Nobius.

-posted by Nobius 12:30 AM #
Comments: "
I already new you were all those things Nobius. As I have said before: The answers you seek are within you. You must turn your ears inward.

M.E.
 
" "
You were right.

You usually are.

Thanks for being a good brother and friend.
 
" "
Cool list. You might want to check out the writings of Joe R. Lansdale. He's a writer, martial artist, husband and father just like you, only with an East Texas flavor.
 
" "
Grant, thanks. Have any recommendations of his work?
 
" Post a Comment