Nobius Black's
White Rabbit-*BLACK HOLE*

Killing the bunny everyday.
Live. In Stereo.


White Rabbit - *BLACK HOLE* --FALL IN!

Thoughts fall out before the head explodes!

Saturday, February 19, 2005


Making a Minicomic

From the AiT/Planetlar blog: :

February 14, 2005
Real nice review of Proof of Concept over at Comic World News. So, yes, CWN hosted the original scripts for the POC, but reviewer Tim Murr seems to be relatively bias-free. Although, I have to admit, "Larry Young is a freakin’ genius... I carry a copy of his book True Facts in my bag at all times... He’s a wonderful writer with impeccable taste as a publisher." isn't the sort of thing that screams "unbiased," but, heck, let's leave the guy his delusions, yes?

In somewhat related news, Sean Maher asks for a play-by-play in making a minicomic. I respond thusly:

1. Took a piece of paper; folded it in half.

2. That worked out so well as a test, I took three more sheets, and folded them in half, on the short end, of course.

3. Took the first one and wrapped that around the other three, and stapled the middle. DAMN! I gotta mini comic! I ROCK!

4. Wrote "I Had a Girl Who Loved Me Once" on the title page. Put The Cure on in the background for maximum goth-age.

5. Drew the cover.*

6. Wrote "I had a girl who loved me once; by anyone's definition. Not just her own, or mine, but anyone's." and then drew some stuff.

7. Wrote some more: "But love was wasted on me. Everyone loved me then; what's one more?"

8. Drew some stuff around that.

9. Wrote: "I loved another; I'd do anything for her. But EVERYONE loved HER. Why shouldn't I?"

10. More drawing.

11. Wrote: "I talked to the girl who loved ME. To tell her I appreciated her position. That I appreciated HER."

12. Drew, of course.

13. Last page sting: "She told me to leave her alone or she'd call the cops."

That's how you do a minicomic, man.

*I actually didn't draw this what with me not really being able to draw. Anybody who wants the script to this can draw it up and send it to the Isotope, though. HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY, MILLARWORLD.

(Update: Seems I was blogged in return. I gotta figure out how to do that.)

-posted by Nobius 8:34 PM #
Comments: "
Interestingly enough after BLOGGING this, the writer of the BLOG this came from, BLOGGED me and called me an enigma.

I rather like that term.

Unfortunately, he doesn't use permalinks so I can't show you the link.
 
" Post a Comment