Nobius Black's
White Rabbit-*BLACK HOLE*

Killing the bunny everyday.
Live. In Stereo.


White Rabbit - *BLACK HOLE* --FALL IN!

Thoughts fall out before the head explodes!

Wednesday, February 09, 2005


Crucifix Autumn

Changed the title of this piece as recommened to me by Ron. May do an audio recording for this as well.

Crucifix Autumn

Crucifix Autumn.
Rosary kept amongst leaves.
(So, in vain.)
The past crumples.
Crunches under foot.
What happened to the things
That I once loved?
(Prayers mean nothing.)

You stay silent.

Put hope in the wrong men,
(The things of Earth will never last.)
But God just wasn't there.
(It's too late to look back.)
We love to break
In the season of Christ.
(It means nothing.)

You stay silent.

Hear my heart.
Chained to what I can not change.
I will never be the same.
It's hard to walk wounded.
So tired of being here.
The years take their toll.
My angel and I limp toward the
Sun.
(My life means nothing.)

You stay silent.

You'll recoginze you're going to die.
Hoping God will show you the way.

You stay silent,
Mom.

-posted by Nobius 10:55 PM #
Comments: "
Great poems!
 
" "
I see they changed the commenting screen.

Thanks, I'm glad you like my work, that means a lot. Comments are like payment in a way. :)

I should have more soon, the brain juices are starting to flow once again.
 
" "
I received this email from Ron (thanks Ron):

Nobius! I find this poem, “Silent”, wonderful! I can’t swear I’ve figured all or even most of its meanings, but it has such wonderful images, phrasing, timing. You have a bit of magic going on there. It’ll be worth reading several times.



The title sounds so anonymous, though, could I suggest you change it to something else? Maybe “You Stay Silent” or “Crucifix Autumn”? It’s not like it ruins the poem, but that single common word is not very memorable. The poem is so fine; I’d like to see it have a title with more snap!



rcs
 
" "
Nobius, like all great thinkers, will be famous when he is dead.

His work will be mulled over by the masses - like Plato.

And we won't understand his genius until he is GONE.

M.E.
 
" "
I am a great thinker.

Just ask me.
 
" "
But don't ask him to be GONE! He won't cooperate.

p.s. Nobius Butterfingers, please check the spelling of this post's title.
 
" Post a Comment