Nobius Black's
White Rabbit-*BLACK HOLE*

Killing the bunny everyday.
Live. In Stereo.


White Rabbit - *BLACK HOLE* --FALL IN!

Thoughts fall out before the head explodes!

Sunday, January 30, 2005


Red Belt

And my journey continues, as yesterday Sensei awarded me my Red Belt. Unlike other things in life, this is a path that will not falter. May I never leave the road.

-posted by Nobius 1:31 PM #
Comments: "
right on man!

i was talking to my little cousin last night at this family thing. I guess hes got his Blue belt with stripe or something. Im not too sure what they means.. lol

so where is red belt in relation to black? is the next belt blue or?
 
" "
Every martial art is different.

In the variation of Aikido that I take, Red is the last belt before black.

Congrats to your cousin, any promotion in the martial arts is a big deal.
 
" "
And when you reach Black Belt - the journey has only begun.

In fact, the theory goes, that the more you wash your Black Belt - the whiter it becomes. This symbolizes that your path has taken a full circle. And you perform the way a new student does. That is with an empty mind and an egoless self.

Of course, I never wash my Black Belt so I do not have to go back to the beginning. I like being large-and-in-charge.

;-)
M.E.
The Enlightened One
 
" "
And Enlightened you are. My goal is to make it so that I too can teach on a regular basis. I know this is on of my missions in life.
 
" Post a Comment