Nobius Black's
White Rabbit-*BLACK HOLE*

Killing the bunny everyday.
Live. In Stereo.


White Rabbit - *BLACK HOLE* --FALL IN!

Thoughts fall out before the head explodes!

Monday, May 03, 2004


All Around the Block

"What a gift the writer's life is." --Roy Sorells

"Cus I'm broken when I'm hoping." --Seether

"Your time will come. --Iron Maiden

"The pain is all the same." --Metal Church


I'm thinking of reading some Star Wars books again. Here's a review for one that caught my eye: A New Threat. It seems young Boba Fett can now kill a Noghri and will soon encounter one General Grievous. Also, Zahn has a new one out. I think I'll see if the library has them since I've been very disappointed in recent years with a plethora of Star Wars books.

I might still try to pound out a Star Wars fan fiction that's been in my own head for several years about a dark Jedi with a split personality....split seven ways that is. He believes he is the sole survivor of the Empire. Desperate people do desperate things. And if his plans succeeds, he may just be the last living being period.

Check out CNN's VEEPSTAKES. Very good run down of most of the potential running mates for John Kerry. My personal favorite is John McCain. It won't ever happen, but should it happen, I'll be voting for Kerry. It won't happen because people can't get over their "political party". I have a strong feeling Hillary will end up on the ticket and if not her someone like her. Kerry needs someone that can draw a lot of fanfare. At this point, even with all of Bush's screw ups, the race is a near dead heat. Which says something about the polarized situation of our nation's voters. I feel most people when weighed out over a large scale of issues are moderate or near moderate. However since so many do not vote regularly the swing factor is much smaller...it seems mainly die hards for either side are consistent voters even in Presidential elections.

13wasps.com has a great back issue review. A guy by the name of Logan has a real first name according to this back issue. While you're at it, there's a two for one sale going on. I love the premise of this small press publisher.

I'm still not sure I'm understanding Feedster. The concept is great but I needed something that essentially points out to me whenever a feed I read updates. It doesn't seem to be doing that at all. Perhaps, I'm not doing something right. I guess maybe I'll try out BLOGLINES or another one. Basically, I want to log in and get an obvious message that says, "These FEEDS have updated since the last time you logged on."

It seems call centers and programming aren't the only things being farmed off shore.

As for my work situation. I made an important decision this weekend. I'm going to keep my nose to the grind stone and keep plugging away. I will keep mentoring, updating my computer skills, and continue to be a top performer. NO matter what happens, I can't go wrong. If things don't end up working out, I will still only be the better for it. One of my mentors gave me a great piece of advice, "Stay focused always and always make the job serve you." That is exactly what I'm going to do. Right now I am getting free ACCESS training at work for example. This is a skill I can both use there and take with me because it is portable.

In the meanwhile, I will continue to look for things I can do on the side. Right now, I really need cash so I might just do about anything as long as the schedule is flexible. For the long term, I will continue to look for something I can do on the side that I have a passion for and am good at.

The weekend watched House of a 1000 Corpses which is absolutely one of the worst movies ever created. Stupid. Unoriginal. And boring. I also watched BASIC which was both enjoyable and fun and had a great twist of an ending. We rented The Grinch for the kids too so I will probably pop that in the VCR tomorrow before work.

I didn't do a lot this weekend other than martial arts practice. I have been feeling low. Black depression I think they call it. Part of it is work and part of it is biochemical I'm sure. I never feel good around my Dad's birthday on top of it and here it comes again in a few days. I couldn't sleep again Saturday night so I made the mistake of trying to watch TV. Last time, I do that. I wasted two plus hours of my time flipping the channels and it didn't help me to relax or bore me into sleep. I new I should of just read a book especially since I always (and I mean always) have something to read.

Heard Seether's new version of Broken with Amy Lynn of Evanescence. It's very very cool.

Kalisa ordered me a copy of Dungeons and Dragons Heroes for the X-box. Looking forward to playing it.

Now that we've been all around the head-block and back again I better go. Let me leave you with something else that popped in my head the other day. It's the text to the beginning to a comic:

In my nightmares she's always burning.
Running
And burning a raging fire.
Only this time, the nightmare is real...
Get out of the way!!!


Keep in mind each line would be a separate panel in the comic.

-posted by Nobius 10:59 AM #