Nobius Black's
White Rabbit-*BLACK HOLE*

Killing the bunny everyday.
Live. In Stereo.


White Rabbit - *BLACK HOLE* --FALL IN!

Thoughts fall out before the head explodes!

Thursday, April 22, 2004


Lifestyle Change

I am again thinking of a conversation my brother and I had at Aikido practice last Saturday. He said $600.00 more a month is a life style change. And as usual, he's right. We're really struggling right now and I fear finances will pull us under. I'm trying to think of ways to raise more money for my family and myself without going back to working at Burger King on the side part time. I'm not sure that I have any self employment skills right now (or maybe I do but I haven't figured them out yet). I've done research on work from home type things but have yet to find one that really interests me. I just need a good idea. One good idea that I can pursue. I'm amazed at my own job of how many people do things on the side. One woman works full time in our office, is a real estate agent and has a business creating webpages. A supervisor of mine also is a real estate agent, has a business selling Christmas related items, and her and her husband own a photography business. Still another supervisor on the side breeds dogs. Another lady, makes home made teddy bears and sells Mary Kay. Outside of work, I know someone who sells $500.00 (profit) a month worth of embroidery on E-Bay. Anyway, you get the idea. I'm not sure what I can do on the side but there must be something. I'm even willing to pay to get training for it. Ideally, I need a side project that I really enjoy doing and that is flexible. I am hoping it wouldn't take more than 8 hrs a week but that may be a pipe dream. Does anyone at all have any ideas that might help me or know of any good books I could read/websites that I could visit?

Thanks much.

Matt this time, not Nobius

-posted by Nobius 9:05 AM #
Comments: Post a Comment