Nobius Black's
White Rabbit-*BLACK HOLE*

Killing the bunny everyday.
Live. In Stereo.


White Rabbit - *BLACK HOLE* --FALL IN!

Thoughts fall out before the head explodes!

Sunday, March 21, 2004


Three Day Weekend and More

"I ain't dancin' with no skeletons. I ain't dancin' with what might have been." --Metallica

"Wanna get blood on my love." --Seether

It's a three day weekend for me, I'm off Monday working Saturday.

Received and read the current issue of APA Centauri yesterday with my debut Blue rabbit Chronicles 'zine. I finished my mailing comments for it already. Going to start writing the rest of my next 'zine this weekend. Hopefully, I can pretty much have it done this week so I'm ahead of the game.

In another amazing coincidence: Daki also joined up as a member of the APA. His work is so cool, if you haven't read his BLOG, better check it out. He wrote a great piece in the current APA issue about the mysterious man in white, carpenter and assassin.

Going to try to get to the library this weekend to see if they have a copy of HTML for Dummies or something like it. I not only have a few good ideas like possibly creating an on-line Nobius bookstore. I'm thinking it is time to bone up my computer skills, especially in light of the merger at work. Things are rather shaky and if I end up out of a job I don't want to be left holding the bag. Plus, we could really use some extra income things are really tight since they cut back the over time. Oh well, such is life.

One of the best things about my job is they offer a mentoring program and I am heavily involved with it and have two mentors plus a group of co-mentees. I've been learning so much through this process, and it's not easy. It requires a lot straight talk, hard work, and candid feedback and criticism. But, it's making me a better person which is the point. My mentor Dennis wants me to begin writing my ten year plan both personally and professionally. It's a plan of 'where do I want to be' and 'how do I get there'. Dennis told me it took him six months to write his but after he committed it to paper and continually refined it, in 10 years he found he far exceeded his goals and expectations. Dennis also told me that his career really didn't even start to take off until he hit forty so not to worry about my age, etc. Dennis is a great guy and I'm blessed to have him in my life. As for my goals, I want to finish college, keep my writing going, buy a house with a dojo, and get my black belt amongst other things. My plan includes everything from mastering Windows Office to taking a Time Management seminar and continuing to be a top performer at work. More on the mentoring later, including a talk about our text book Primal Leadership .

Speaking of personal changes, as I continue to lose weight (thought I'd never be saying that), think I'm going to go back to my old style of dressing most of the time. Plaids over concert T-shirts are back in for me.

The BLOG is continuing to receive hits and I've even got a few really cool emails, one was even a piece of "fan mail"! It seems people do like what I write. Even Dennis commented that he thought my professional writing was great and I should pursue it in college. I think participating in Yahoo Groups has driven traffic here.

While I'm talking about people named Dennis. I have a good friend who used to be my boss back in my burger-flipping-managing days. A few years ago he started repairing and building comptuers out of his garage. Then he went full time doing it for himself. Now, he owns two computer stores and teaches two classes at the local college. Good for him. What a success, maybe some of that can rub off on me. I'm very proud of him. Don't be fulled the American dream still exists with people like Dennis.

I've been told by a few people now that my writing sounds like song lyrics. I assure you this is purely coincidental. At this point, there is not a musical bone in my body though I do enjoy belting out bars of Judas Priest or Megadeth in the shower. I have seriously thought about trying to learn guitar or keyboard lately. I always wanted to play an instrument, and I don't know if I can learn but I'd sure like to try. I think I can learn Piano. Perhaps, I'll start looking into what lessons cost.

My oldest's daughter natural father is extremely musical and in a death/thrash metal band called Plastic Army Guys . I'd like to get her into something musical to see if she has the talent to learn. It'd be a shame to never find out and I think it would be good for her self confidence. Kayla is such a good kid, I'm lucky to have her.

Rented Johnny English last night. There is not a word in the English language to describe how stupid and predictable it was. What a shame too, Rowan Atkinson's Mr. Bean is about as hilarious as hilarious can me. Kind of a modern day Three Stooges. From the time I was about eighteen until maybe twenty one, I used to watch The Rocky Horror Picture Show over at the Highland Theatre several times a year. It was a blast. And for some reason, they always showed a Mr. Bean short before it, usually the one where he meets the queen of England and gets his fingers stuck in his fly. Ha ha ha. Now that was a hoot!

I'd better go. I have kids that need fed, a birthday party to get the kids ready for, and a check book to balance. Beside, I'm playing Lights Out by Lisa Marie Presley and the kids want me to dance with them, how could I pass?

In my usual style, I close this long post with a creative piece, something very dark, something forever, something still unfinished:

Picture Four
You are the forever thought
That can't go away.
The memory spot--
Nuclear Last,
Wasteland Me.
After the explosion.
I shatter picture four,
The one of you and me,
Holding each other closely.
The one you signed, "Love you always."
Liar, liar,
The more you dig the deeper it gets.
Queing up the Moodswing Play List,
At Breakneck Speed,
The Album called,
"Music for Jumping Off Bridges".
Now Jump!
I still love you.

-posted by Nobius 11:37 AM #
Comments: Post a Comment