Nobius Black's
White Rabbit-*BLACK HOLE*

Killing the bunny everyday.
Live. In Stereo.


White Rabbit - *BLACK HOLE* --FALL IN!

Thoughts fall out before the head explodes!

Thursday, January 08, 2004


Killing Time, Killing Me -- The Rewrite

"Killing Time, Killing Me"

I thought that I was just killing time, wasting it, bored off my stinking gourd. Now I know that I'm not killing time, time is killing me. Time is killing us all. Minutes and seconds are passing us by, minutes and seconds are making us die. With the crash of hourglass broken--our moments fall away. Grains of time-sand pass through fingers open-- scattering to the wind. This New Year turned to old, wound up just like any other.

As I stand before the mirror, I realize I've passed my prime. There was no hoopla, no party, no celebration of my age and my accomplishments...just a small whimper like a forgotten dog (kicked and left to starve). I have grown old before my hour. Only one tear falls. The words come easy now, "If not now, when?" And though the sand could not be caught, I find myself still asking, "Where did all the time go? Where did it all go?"

When staring down the reaper, it is good to know that life is not a dress rehearsal. We only get one chance, one show, and to each of us is given a lifetime. No matter how short, no matter how long, do not screw your lifetime up. Such is humanity. From this day forward, if time is killing me then I will go down fighting.

-posted by Nobius 10:03 AM #
Comments: Post a Comment