Nobius Black's
White Rabbit-*BLACK HOLE*

Killing the bunny everyday.
Live. In Stereo.


White Rabbit - *BLACK HOLE* --FALL IN!

Thoughts fall out before the head explodes!

Friday, January 30, 2004


Bad Programmers

We have a new user interface at work for quoting customers. I tried and tried to tell my bosses that it is good for new customers or customers who don't need air freight daily but it's terrible for those daily customers that are about 50% of our business. The new system collects a lot of data (which is good) but we don't need all of that data for a daily stop, and it won't let you copy one quote to another and automatically populate those data collection fields when you copy. So, you must type in the same repetitive info over and over. Yesterday, we had an unexpected rush from my team's two largest customers. Ball park 80 shipments needed entered and we were short a person on our team. In the old days, that would take about 2 hours or so. Took us 5 yesterday, and we finally got permission to quit in the new system and fire back up the old interface. Why is that programmers can never give us what we need? This has been the case almost everywhere I have worked. In fact, when they began programming this new quote entry system I did not see not one programmer cross training with us. I don't believe they did. Programmers are bad....very bad. Maybe I should be a programmer...I'd be rich....because it seems either you get it or you don't. And I get it, give the users what they need or want and if you can't explain to them why.

-posted by Nobius 11:59 AM #
Comments: Post a Comment