Nobius Black's
White Rabbit-*BLACK HOLE*

Killing the bunny everyday.
Live. In Stereo.


White Rabbit - *BLACK HOLE* --FALL IN!

Thoughts fall out before the head explodes!

Thursday, December 18, 2003


The Hole in my Head

The Hole in my Head

I actually found this well written BLOG while using GOOGLE to see if anyone had archived a BAD SIGNAL I am missing. Check out the exerpts below:

"This vision of the personal computer appeals to me, with concupiscence even: Each component in its own box, placed anywhere within range of the wireless communication, each performing its role. The computer's soul is no longer caged within a tower, it spans the space between boxes, a personal Stephenson metaverse.

The central processing unit hides in the top drawer of my desk, two stick of memory in the bottom drawer, the monitor hangs on the wall. The graphics card lives on top of my fridge, where it's cooler. I carry my hard drive wherever I go, and keep a second drive of the same size on my bookshelf, where it automatically mirrors my primary drive.

When my friend brings his own drive around, the option to boot into his system is provided on screen. With no further hassle than selecting that option, he can answer email, download music, do some work, all on his own system, set up exactly the way he wants it.

When I find my computer too slow, I toss the CPU box out and dump a newer one in my drawer; and I'm upgraded. Simple."

And:

"Dot matrix.

Remember the time it would take to print a page, time enough for a nap, but the infernal noise never allowing you to do so? Remember fanfolds, holes down the side, the satisfaction of tearing your palely printed page from the grip of the machine, mixed with a fear of tearing the page itself? Carbon copies? Ink ribbons?

Now dot matrix sounds more like a name for a Wachowski website, a fusing of yesterday's dot-com trend with today's hot movie trend."

-posted by Nobius 10:20 AM #
Comments: Post a Comment