Nobius Black's
White Rabbit-*BLACK HOLE*

Killing the bunny everyday.
Live. In Stereo.


White Rabbit - *BLACK HOLE* --FALL IN!

Thoughts fall out before the head explodes!

Saturday, November 15, 2003


Coleco Adam

Coleco Adam

Lately, I have been reminiscing about the things of my youth. The Adam was my first computer system which of course was discontinued about a year after I purchased it. It was an expansion of the Coleco Video Game console and The Basic language contained within was Applesoft compatible. I have very fond memories of programming it with my next door neighbor Terry, who also had one. The Adam was so technilogically advanced it had a built in word processor and a cassette tape drive that was searchable. LOL...a cassette drive. And look out if you're printer went down all the memory was contained within it! Those were the days!

Funny thing is there are quite a few websites out there still dedicated to Adam. And there is an even an annual Adam convention.

Speaking of programming, we used to get alot of our programs out of a magazine called Family Computing. They would list the same BASIC language program (for example a simple skiing game) for Adam, Apple IIe, Vic 20, TI-99 4a, IBM PC, and the Commodore 64. Too bad something like that doesn't still exist, I learned a lot about computers that way.

My friend Scott and I used to program our own games as well. We programmed a great Craps game and a knock off of Kaboom amongst others. Perhaps, I should learn BASIC again. All these great memories flooding back into my head, just by remembering my first computer.

-posted by Nobius 12:24 PM #
Comments: Post a Comment