Nobius Black's
White Rabbit-*BLACK HOLE*

Killing the bunny everyday.
Live. In Stereo.


White Rabbit - *BLACK HOLE* --FALL IN!

Thoughts fall out before the head explodes!

Wednesday, November 19, 2003


Catching Up

On Sunday, I began reading yet another autobiography of a writer. This time the writer is Isaac Asimov and the book is "I.Asimov: A Memoir". Time will remember Isaac as one of the most prolific giants of modern day literature. The book weighs in at a hefty 572 pages and is actually his 3rd autobiography, the first two combined were over 640,000 words! It was Isaac who said, "I write for the same reason I breathe, because if I didn't I would die." I'll let you know more about the book when I finish it but so far I can say this, the book is divided into 166 chapters and each chapter talks about an event in his life, a person he met, or an opinion, for example. It is not chronological and the events are secondary to his thoughts as the introduction states. The 20 chapters I've read so far have conjured images in my mind just as a great novel would. Isaac died two years after completing the book.

Talking about the book reminds me of the Navy commercial with the line, "If someone wrote a biography of your life...would anyone want to read it?" Point taken.

In today's Bad Signal, Warren mentioned an idea that I think is great: "Christmas, as those in societies who celebrate it will be horribly aware, is now some five weeks away. Do me a favor this year. Grab your Yellow Pages and find a local charity that provides the children of homeless families with presents. If you're anything like me, you've got a stack of books, comics and graphic novels that you neither need nor want. Sort out the kid-safe ones and get them to that charity. You'd be doing a good thing." He's right you would, and I think I will.

I've been wanting to mention this for a while and my comments from Warren lead perfectly into this. My charity of choice is called Feed the Children. Here's a link: Feed the Children. I won't preach to you, I'll only say that God loves children and they help take care of them--both here and abroad. Isn't it a shame, that in the richest nation in the world, we have to have organizations like this helping Americans? But that's a topic for another time.

I've been reading, writing, and journaling a lot lately. I know I am on the cusp of something great but I'm not quite sure what that is yet. Making plans to take some more writing classes, to read all I can, buy some writing books, and most importantly practice.

I had to laugh. Last night, a friend said to me and my wife: "You guys and your books!" After I mentioned that I was about to go and read for a half hour before I went to bed. I guess her comment summons it up. If you don't read, you can't appreciate how enjoyable it is. I read every night before I go to bed, and I mean every night.

I am thinking about focusing on my poetry writing more because it seems to be what I have a natural talent for.

I've said many things in this post and we're still not "caught up" however I need to spend a little time with my kids now. I'll be posting some more later in the week. I have so much to say and I am itching to do another "From The Journals" entry.

Be well and dream your dream because no one else will.

-N-

-posted by Nobius 10:47 AM #
Comments: Post a Comment