Nobius Black's
White Rabbit-*BLACK HOLE*

Killing the bunny everyday.
Live. In Stereo.


White Rabbit - *BLACK HOLE* --FALL IN!

Thoughts fall out before the head explodes!

Monday, October 27, 2003


Yellow Crayon

One yellow crayon and some old scrap paper that Daddy brought home from the office....that's all it takes to entertain my Lacey. Her squiggly lines seemingly thrown all over the page to create a 3 year old's master piece, a Mona Lisa of childhood. The pictures go up on the refrigerator as I tell her, "You're drawings are so beautiful!" This is the only affirmation that she needs and bliss is upon her, a smile from ear to ear. She gives me a drawing to take to the office-- it's one for the road. My instincts tell me there is a Van Gogh or Norman Rockwell already coursing through those little veins. My daughter will be something I am not, something better than I am. That thought does not bring sadness, it brings joy, it's what every parent wants. Laughing and giggling resound through the room as Lacey now shows baby Jacob the delicate art of drawing. This moment, stopped in time, etched in my mind's eye, I shall never forget. The yellow crayon is forever.

-posted by Nobius 10:06 AM #
Comments: Post a Comment