Nobius Black's
White Rabbit-*BLACK HOLE*

Killing the bunny everyday.
Live. In Stereo.


White Rabbit - *BLACK HOLE* --FALL IN!

Thoughts fall out before the head explodes!

Tuesday, September 30, 2003


The Feeling that Started it All: From the Nobius Journals II

Round one of the layoffs began at big corporate giant yesterday. I was under the impression, that sales was to be mainly unaffected. The not-so-funny-thing was the Assistant Vice President of Sales lost his job. I also work in sales. I mention this because 16 months ago, he said something in a meeting that struck a resounding chord in my heart. The echoing in my head of which, I will never stop hearing. Pat said, "What do you want your life's work to be?" This was a heavy thought, a question of immense proportion. Perhaps, the most important words ever spoken. This was the feeling that started it all for me. I began pursuing my writing vehmently that very day, knowing that I want to think of myself as a writer no matter what level of success I do or don't have. This is my dream, and 'White Rabbit-Black Hole' is part of my body of work. When I die, I don't want to be the one to say, I didn't have the time to write.

This morning, I blog the first of my current journal entries from that powerful night. I have journaled nearly every day since, and will for the rest of my life:


________
Sci-Fi Ideas:

heat signature of aircraft/space craft - gun with a safety that speaks, "I am disabled" or "I am on the job." - neuroconditioning a person to think something or kill an enemy - same gun w/plastic casing that squirms/changes shape to fit the intended owner/shooter's hand - slug thrower - cyberneticists - wax bullets - lab grown fish muscle - clones of dead children - light weight skin (space) suits - space ships made of anti radar alloys and smooth ceramics w/electronic webs that guide frequencies around the hull without rebounding - vat grown heart - cognizor for a brain - refractory fiber rope/won't melt in the heat - electrostatic cushion for floation - the black arts are 'hacking'
________
telling your lawyer "your fired" as you get the lethal injection
________
"Compared to him," Lance whispered, "my hate for you is love."
"And so it is," said Jason, "Go to sleep."
--Orson Scott Card in The Worthing Saga p. 224
________
Mutant Earth -- Fall Down Walking -- Better Living Through Chemistry -- A Heretic Among Us
________
He was a shadow. "This is the way I pray." -- Disturbed. Under the Hanging Tree.
________

-posted by Nobius 10:48 AM #
Comments: Post a Comment