Nobius Black's
White Rabbit-*BLACK HOLE*

Killing the bunny everyday.
Live. In Stereo.


White Rabbit - *BLACK HOLE* --FALL IN!

Thoughts fall out before the head explodes!

Saturday, June 21, 2003


Smells Like Spirits

The MP3 is playing. Eerie, sad, melancholy. The feelings that well up when I listen to Tori Amos's cover of "Smells like Teen Spirit"...I almost can't put them into words. As I type, the goose bumps form on my arms. A singer who is dead, lives again. "With the lights out, it's less dangerous"--the words echo through my soul. Tori's voice turns the definitive anthem of grunge into something more. Something sultry...sexy...beautiful...spiritual. "Here we are now entertain us..." I saw Tori in concert, shortly after Kurt's death. She said that everytime she plays this song she can feel Kurt's spirit. I think he's here with me now. I feel him too. "Hello, hello, hello." I'm feeling another spirit as well--just as melancholy, just as tortured. Dad, I miss you. The song is ending, I've got to go. "A denial, a denial, a denial." Good night from Barber Town.

-posted by Nobius 6:11 PM #
Comments: Post a Comment